Offsite Medical Software Backup & Security
Gain peace of mind with automatic and hourly, offsite data backup.
With ADP AdvancedMD your data is automatically backed up and stored in our enterprise-class operations center. Our backup processes and security procedures offer significantly higher HIPAA regulatory security compliance than what most practices can achieve with client/server software. Plus, you can relax knowing that your data is always safe from any threat or potential disaster to your office.
Safe & Secure Medical Records Storage
No matter what disaster might strike your office location, rest assured that your electronic medical records are stored safely and securely, in offsite backup servers.
Offsite Backup & Security is a Core Competency of our Software
The AdvancedMD software is architected to prevent unauthorized access. With automatic offsite data security, the hassle of manual data backup is one less thing to worry about. Our medical software handles the offsite data backups, records storage security, and secure access issues for you.
You Own & Control Your Medical Data
Rest assured that ownership and control of your data is maintained by you and those you appoint. Recognizing that your medical data is key to your practice, AdvancedMD has built into the software system the ability to export all your patient and practice data at your discretion. The system will export a MS Access database at no charge. We also provide the option for $1,250 to obtain all your medical images and documents on an encrypted external hard drive along with a complete mapping of the data as well as documentation. Turnaround on creation of the hard drive backup is typically one week. Although we provide secure, automatic backups, you can always maintain a manual copy of your medical data at any time. We never hold your medical data hostage.
AdvancedMD Data & Security FAQs
- Data remains sole property of your practice
- You achieve HIPAA compliant security & data privacy
- Hourly backups are performed automatically, stored offsite
- Role-based, user-level security controls access for specific functions
- Security audits include usage logs and change-data history
- Data is securely encrypted whenever in transit using SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) 128-bit encryption
- Triple-layer software access is managed by user name, password and office key
- All users are automatically logged out of our medical software after specified time
- State-of-the-art hosting facility stores all data
- Uptime is guaranteed to 99.99 percent
- Complete power & connectivity redundancy