Web-based Software vs. Onsite, In-office Software
Ditch your old out-of-date solution for a new state-of-the-art billing and EHR solution that is easy to use and fully integrated. Start using software that pays for itself many times over each month.
What is Web-based Medical Software?
We all participate in Internet-based technologies: financial services, shopping, and communications. Now is the time to take this technology into the medical office.
Web-based software carries the name Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), on-demand, cloud computing, Internet-based, and application service provider (ASP). Although slight differences exist, the consensus is a low-cost way for a medical practice to obtain rights to use software as needed versus licensing all devices with all applications.
Key Characteristics of AdvancedMD Web-based Software Community
- You gain web-based access to highly functional, hospital-grade software computing services where the processing is done on centrally-located and externally-managed third-party servers, rather than at each customer’s site.
- Your cost is generally lower and more predictable as it is all inclusive of hardware, software, administration and consulting services.
- You join a community of users providing ongoing feedback about best practices which means your software can help provide continuous optimization of your practice.
- Free, fast and automatic releases of new features are available to everyone since the entire community of users benefits from new functionality.
- You gain peace of mind and less IT frustration by eliminating the need to install and manage patches and version upgrades.
- Become an Office Hero in your practice with technology and automation tools that can help your practice become more efficient, more HIPAA compliant and more profitable.
What’s the Impact on my Life?
|Ease of Use||Simple||Complex|
|Training & Coaching||Free||Additional|
|Application Reliability||Our Job||Your Job|
|Clearinghouse Integration||Yes||Not Typical|
How do I Mitigate Risk?
|Security||Low risk||High risk|
|Automatic Data Backup||Yes||No|
How do I Grow with Minimal Impact?
|Add or Subtract Providers||Simple||Difficult|
|Add or Subtract Locations||Simple||Difficult|
|Cost to Upgrade||Included||Extra|