Innovation Billing Service, Inc. (IBSI) provides medical billing and management that simply works. Since 1997, IBSI has been billing for independent practitioners across the U.S. with a philosophy of “whole-practice care.”
Similar to the “whole-person care” practiced by many of their clients, IBSI believes that a practice’s financial health relies on more than just one person or department doing their work well—the best biller in the world can’t maintain a healthy cash flow without the front desk collecting insurance information, providers submitting charges, stakeholders understanding their reports, and more. IBSI specializes in working with clients to develop and fine-tune workflows that help every member of the client’s team (including IBSI!) support one another in building a financially healthy practice.
IBSI’s services include:
- Claim submission, including coding review and claims scrubbing.
- Follow-up, including resubmissions, appeals, and payment reconciliation.
- Patient billing, including sending statements and answering patients’ billing questions.
- Developing front desk workflows for collecting demographics and patient payments.
- Full customization or assistance with customizing AdvancedMD charge slips, patient forms, and EHR notes.
- Review of billable opportunities—what could you (correctly and ethically) be billing for that you aren’t?
- Review of contracts and assistance in negotiation / renegotiation.
- Credentialing available through IBSI’s sister company, Medical Practice Management-Consulting.
- AdvancedMD training and support—IBSI staff can assist with questions and lower-level issues before having to seek help from AdvancedMD support.
- Thorough reporting, both monthly standard reporting and customized reporting where needed.
- For maternity practices: customized estimated out-of-pocket cost letters for patients.
IBSI migrated to AdvancedMD in 2014 to take advantage of the web-based platform, access to support, and suite of integrated features, allowing them to better facilitate strong workflows for their clients’ scheduling, charting, billing, and much more. IBSI provides their own AdvancedMD training to new clients so they can collaborate on how to get the most out of the platform.
To learn more about what IBSI offers via AdvancedMD or to request a free consultation, visit their website’s AdvancedMD page.
Experienced & Certified Billing Professionals
IBSI staff hold diverse certifications in billing and practice management, including:
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) via AAPC
- Certified Professional Biller (CPB) via AAPC
- Certified Medical Reimbursement Specialist (CMRS) via AMBA
- Certified Medical Coder (CMC) via PIM
- Certified Medical Insurance Specialist (CMIS) via PIM
- Certified Medical Officer Manager (CMOM) via PIM
- Certified Coding Associate (CCA) via AHIMA
Staff also wield decades of combined billing and practice management experience in myriad specialties at other billing companies and in medical offices—CEO Marnie Cabezas even ran her own midwifery practice before focusing full-time on billing for others.
Formerly known as Midwife’s Billing Service, Inc., IBSI began as a billing partner specifically for midwives, but their experience and expertise have evolved over the years to encompass:
- Maternity Care: Midwifery, Obstetrics, Lactation
- Woman & Family Care: Gynecology, Pediatrics, Family Practice
- Facility-heavy Billing: Birth Centers, Surgery / Surgical Centers, Urgent Care
- Behavioral & Mental Health: Therapy, Cognitive Testing, Addiction Medicine
- Mobility Care: Physical Medicine, Physical Therapy, Chiropractic, Rheumatology