CMS released updates to the MU Stage 3 and 2015 reporting.
Here are some highlights of the changes:
- Providers and state Medicaid agencies now have until Jan. 1, 2018 to comply and prepare for the next set of system improvements
- Stage 3 will now be optional in 2017
- Stage 3 will have eight objectives: more than 60-percent require interoperability & public health reporting with have flexibility options
- APIs will be required
- Cybersecurity requirements have been strengthened
- The reporting period for 2015 will be only 90 days for all providers, new providers in 2016 and 2017 & for any provider moving to Stage 3 of the program in 2017
We will provide additional information shortly.