By providing independent doctors a collective voice on the national stage, the Association of Independent Doctors (AID) represents doctors in matters they don’t have the time, resources or clout to pursue. AID not only works to keep doctors independent but also to educate consumers, media, insurance providers and lawmakers about why that matters.
AID’s 5-point mission:
AID works to support America’s doctors and improve the nation’s health care by focusing on the following goals:
- Stop the consolidation of hospitals and medical practices. We do that by working with the Federal Trade Commission to fight mergers, and by educating consumers about how consolidation leads to over-treatment, raises costs, reduces quality, decreases access, and eliminates jobs.
- Increase price transparency, so consumers can know prices before they have procedures and can shop for the most affordable options.
- Eliminate facility fees and move toward site-neutral payments, so doctors get paid the same amount for the same procedure regardless of where it’s performed. Currently, hospital-owned doctors and clinics get paid many times more than independent ones.
- Enforce antitrust laws and inform lawmakers about why independent doctors are critical to health-care quality, cost and a free market economy.
- Stop the abuse of the tax-exempt status by non-profit hospitals.
Receive a free eGuide: So You Want to be an Independent Doctor? Your Guide to Independence.
AdvancedMD is an exclusive AID sponsor for EHR, Practice Management and Patient Engagement software. Receive half-off your membership by being an AdvancedMD client. Contact the Association of Independent Doctors for more information.