I would like to extend a warm thanks for the trust you place in AdvancedMD to support many aspects of your business operations.
With the rapidly evolving nature of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, I want to be transparent in the steps we are taking to mitigate the impact the virus may have on our business operations and our ability to provide ongoing support and reliability of our software and services. We do not anticipate any impact on our business operations, and we are operating normally. Our software platform is hosted by Amazon Web Services (AWS), one of the most reliable and robust cloud hosting platforms available. The benefits of AWS include:
- Multiple data centers that improve reliability and performance
- State-of-the-art security and incident response capabilities
- Expansion capabilities to meet increasing demands of acute crises like COVID-19
We have added new product features to support increased demand on you and your staff:
- Adding COVID-19 tests to AdvancedMD EHR (see Release Guide for more info.)
- Adding COVID-19 screening templates to AdvancedMD EHR (see Release Guide for more info.)
- Just-in-time notifications for telemedicine appointments are sent to patients automatically
- Built-in email campaigns let you segment and notify patients of at-home telemedicine visit options
- Online scheduling lets patients schedule telemedicine and onsite appointments
- Online intake and consent forms let patients complete “paperwork” from home, electronically
- Special three-month trial offer of our patient engagement suite, including telehealth/medicine, to help you offer at-home care options
We are closely following reports from the World Health Organization (WHO), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and from local government agencies in cities where we operate. We are aligning and continually adjusting our procedures to meet those suggested guidelines. Continuity planning has been part of our process for years and we began implementing our business continuity plans in impacted areas in early February. As we continue to monitor and assess the situation, we have taken the following steps:
- Our business continuity team monitors threats 24/7
- A central team, including executive leadership, has been established to monitor the outbreak and coordinate activity and is meeting multiple times a day to assess the evolving situation
- We have implemented our local business continuity plans in our Salt Lake City headquarters location and are actively supporting at-home work options for employees
Health, safety and wellbeing for our team members along with delivering the support and reliability you expect are our top priorities. Based on the evaluation of risk communicated by the WHO and CDC, we have put precautionary measures in all offices and facilities. These are aimed at safeguarding our team members from exposure to the virus while maintaining the highest levels of service.
These recommendations include anti-bacterial hand gel and increased frequency in cleaning key areas such as door handles, reception areas, team member kitchens and washrooms. Additionally, we have provided mandatory training to educate all team members about the virus and what they can do to help protect themselves.
We have daily cross-departmental leadership meetings to ensure we are doing everything we can to help you through this evolving crisis. Please email us with any questions or concerns at [email protected].
Thank you for your continued trust in AdvancedMD.