Good patient satisfaction scores will be hard to come by if your patients spend too much time waiting and filling out forms and not enough time with you during their appointments. There’s nothing worse than the tick tock of a long wait followed by a warp speed appointment. A few key front office tips will help you give your patients a better office visit experience by giving them back some of their precious time.
Your patient satisfaction score hinges on fixing 3 key complaints.
Let’s talk about the inefficient processes that result in frowning, clock-watching, and foot-tapping in your waiting area.
- Wait times – When patients experience long waits before being seen, it’s no wonder they’re crabby. They’ve taken precious time out of their day and cooling their heels in the waiting room only makes it worse.
- Paperwork – In a recent patient satisfaction survey, responders said filling out healthcare paperwork was equivalent to the hassle of buying a new car! Another issue: information that was incorrect or incomplete, which meant more time not just completing, but fixing paperwork.
- Rushed appointments – The same survey also found that the average physician visit lasted only 15 minutes and, of that limited amount of time, eleven minutes were spent filling out paperwork and verbally sharing their health history. That leaves only a few minutes to get to the reason for the appointment: talking about their health and getting the desired feedback and information.
Patients want shorter wait times, less paperwork, more quality time with their doctors, and online access to healthcare services. So how can you give it to them? We have some smart solutions to improve your scheduling, check-in, and time spent with your patients. It’s never too late to make your front office processes more efficient and make your patients happier. Our scheduling, EHR, and practice management solutions will streamline the experience and save time for both you and your patients.
Better scheduling – AdvancedScheduling has front office tools to streamline check-in and reduce the time patients spend waiting. Our software helps you manage patient appointments and waitlists so your patients get seen sooner. With new technologies and expanded functionality, AdvancedScheduling gives you the ability to proactively manage your patient flow. Intuitive calendaring and appointment management functions help you better manage your practice and your patients by ending frustrating gaps and no-shows. Patient intake that takes less than a minute will transform even the grumpiest patient into a satisfied customer.
Reduce paperwork – AdvancedMD lets you reduce all the time spent on paperwork with a convenient Patient Portal. Patients can securely read, edit, and sign personal information and documents prior to their appointments. This means they can fill out forms at a time that works for their schedule. When forms are completed in advance, patients don’t have to give up appointment time to paperwork. Convenient access – Managing their care online can help patients eliminate extra phone calls, trips to your office, or requests for information. The AdvancedMD secure, HIPAA-compliant online patient portal helps patients:
- Schedule appointments
- Send messages
- Request prescription renewals
- Make payments with a credit card
- Track lab results
- View medical records
Quality time – Quality time means having patient information at your fingertips. AdvancedEHR offers an integrated, interoperable EHR software suite that lets you skip the paperwork and focus appointments on providing personalized care. You get one place to store physician notes, health histories, test orders, and other critical medical information. You can quickly scan allergy, medication and problem lists, review medical, family and social histories—all in the same view. Best of all, you can configure the patient chart to your preference. AdvancedMobileDoc simplifies how you review, add, edit and print patient charts, immunizations, scanned documents, lab orders, and results from your iPhone and iPad. This increased functionality at your fingertips lets you give patients more one-on-one attention.
Get the front office tools you need to make your patients happy and your practice better. AdvancedMD cloud-based software for medical practices allows you to optimize schedules, simplify check-in and checkout, document patient encounters, prescribe and order, capture and pursue revenue, measure financial performance, and practice on the go. Talk to a representative today: (800) 825-0224 or request a demo of any of our products.