Don’t have time to search through the hundreds of pages of the 2019 MACRA Final Rule and resources to find the most important changes for MIPS in 2019? No worries—we’ve done that for you. Here are the Top 15 changes that you need to know as a clinician of a small practice. View the MIPS 2019 FINAL Rule Top 15 Changes document to see an explanation for each of the 15 changes.
- New clinician types
- New low volume threshold
- Opt-in option for MIPS
- 30 points to avoid negative
- -7% to +7% Medicare payment adjustment
- 75+ needed for exceptional performer
- MIPS category performance weights of MIPS final score in 2019
- Small practice bonus
- Promoting interoperability
- Quality category can be submitted via multiple collection types
- Claims-based quality measures only allowed for clinicians of small practices
- CMS added 8 new quality measures and removed 26 quality measures
- CMS added 6 new improvement activities, modified 5, and removed 1 activity
- 8 episode-based measures added to the previously used cost measures
- Facility-based scoring for quality and cost performance
Do You Even Need to Participate?
Go to https://qpp.cms.gov/participationlookup, enter your individual NPI to get your QPP Participation Status (keep checking back if CMS hasn’t updated the site with 2019 participation data).
Register for our 2019 MACRA MIPS highlights webinar
2019 QPP Final Rule Overview Factsheet
2019 QPP Final Rule Executive Summary
CMS offers free resources: direct, one-on-one support and technical assistance for small, underserved, and rural practices.