PatientKeeper® Charge Capture™ integrates with AdvancedMD to give physician practices and billing service companies a smooth, completely electronic workflow to enter, clean and bill professional charges quickly and easily.
Providers enter their charges on the PatientKeeper mobile app or through our web-based application – no more paper charge slips! – at the point of care, in the office, or anywhere in between. Physicians can view and select the appropriate ICD-10 diagnosis codes and their selections will be mapped to the appropriate billing codes upon submission. Real-time code edits check for common coding errors and alert physicians at the time of charge entry.
Using PatientKeeper helps provider organizations:
- Increase revenue and improve cashflow
- Identify potentially missed charges
- Reduce defensive “down-coding”
And because PatientKeeper is available in an affordable, easy-to-install hosted application, you can get up and running quickly; no IT infrastructure is required.
PatientKeeper functionality for billers and coders
For billers and coders at billing services companies, PatientKeeper offers electronic charge aggregation — technology to efficiently consolidate and normalize charges coming into a central billing office (CBO) from AdvancedMD practice management or other charge capture tools, and automatically cleanse them and reconcile them against clinical notes.
PatientKeeper has a core competency and proven expertise in healthcare system integration and capturing and processing professional charges, born of over 20 years of experience. As a result, PatientKeeper can:
- Extract clinical notes from many different systems – and has done so at numerous client sites
- Link the authors of clinical notes to users in PatientKeeper, and provide insight into who saw a specific patient
- Reconcile charges and notes at the department level or the physician level
- Support teams using AdvancedMD practice management and your efforts to find lost professional charges based on the presence of a clinical note
- Apply automated logic to optimize the charge capture process, ensuring that no billable service goes unnoticed
PatientKeeper’s charge-note reconciliation tool is a key to driving ROI. It automates the process of reconciling clinical notes and professional inpatient charges – from any EHR, practice management or billing system – to find the 10-15 percent of professional charges that many healthcare providers unknowingly fail to submit.
Discover the intuitive charge capture software that leading practices and health systems have used successfully and profitably for more than 20 years!