By providing independent doctors a collective voice on the national stage, the Association of Independent Doctors (AID) represents doctors in matters they don’t have the time, resources or clout to pursue. AID not only works to keep doctors independent but also to educate consumers, media, insurance providers and lawmakers about why that matters.
5 Reasons You Should Choose an Independent Doctor:
- Save money by not paying “facility fees” charged by hospitals.
- Better access to care because independent doctors may freely refer to the most cost-efficient qualified specialists and centers.
- Independent doctors don’t need to please employers – thus less unnecessary care.
- Independent doctors often represent the survival of the fittest and are among the best in their field. They have likely beaten the odds because they are exceptional.
- Studies show that doctors who have independent practices are happier and are less likely to suffer from depression and burnout.
AID is a national nonprofit trade association with members in two-thirds of the United States, AID works on behalf of doctors to raise awareness about the negative impact that the growing trend of hospitals buying doctors’ practices has on our nation’s health-care system.
Helpful Articles about the challenges independent doctors face:
Keeping solo practice more difficult for doctors
The collaborative movement of independent physician groups
Do smaller, independent practices have happier doctors?
As an exclusive AID sponsor for EHR, Practice Management and Patient Engagement software, receive half-off your membership by being an AdvancedMD client. Contact the Association of Independent Doctors for more information.