CBO Master File Copy Tool (PM)
We are excited to announce the addition of the CBO Master File Copy Tool. Use this feature to save time setting up new office keys by quickly copying master files from one suboffice key to another sub-office key.
The new tool is comprised of two tabs:
- Copy – Initiate master file copy plans and check copy progress.
- History – View detailed copy history data.
You can copy the following master files using the CBO Master File Copy Tool:
- Account Types
- Carrier Categories
- Charge Code Categories
- Charge Codes
- Collections Action Codes
- Debit Adjustment Codes
- Denial Categories
- Fee Schedules
- Financial Classes
- Follow-up Instructions
- Form Templates
- Message Types
- Patient Billing Rules
- Payment Reason Codes
- Revenue Codes
- Statement Messages
- Write-off Codes
Before you can use the CBO Master File Copy Tool, you must complete the following system setup:
- Assign Users to Sub-office Keys – Ensure that CBO users are assigned to necessary sub-office keys.
- Role Privileges – Assign the Master File Copy Tool role privilege to users, as needed.
- Office Key Groups – Set up office key groups, as needed.
Use the CBO Master File Copy Tool
Add the master files that need to be copied and track copy progress on the Copy tab, and view master file copy history on the History tab.
- Click the Add icon to add a master file you want to copy to the Copy Plan table. (Limit 100 items)
- Update Copy Plan table fields, as needed:
- Source Key – Select a source sub-office key from the list of available options.
- Office Key Group – Select a destination sub-office key group.
- Master File – Select a master file to copy.
- Dependencies – When a dependency occurs (where the source master file has dependent master files that are also copied), the number of dependent master files displays. Hover over the number to view the dependent master file names.
- What to Update – Select one of the following:
- Updated All – Update all items.
- Since Last Update – Update master files with only the items changed since the last update.
- From Date – The date you want the copying to start from. The default From Date is today’s date. You can also select a past date.
- Added By – Name of the user who added the copy item.
- Added When – Date and time the copy item was ad
- Click the Copy Files button. Items display in the Copy Progress table. When the copy process is finished the item drops from the progress table.
- Click the Audit Log button to view a list of master files that have been copied.
- Click Close.
Use the History screen to filter and search for Master File Copy Tool process history.
- Enter filter settings for the following columns to see the Master File Copy Tool process history.
- Click the Search button to populate the history table based on your filter settings.
- Click the Download File icon in the grid to generate an .xls report file that includes detailed change history for the copy.
- Click on the Excel® icon at the bottom of the screen to open the downloaded file.
The downloaded report file spreadsheet consists of two tabs:
- Changed Records – Includes the main and dependent master files that were updated in the destination office key group.
- New Records – Includes only the newly created item(s) in the destination office key group.
- Click Close.
Patient Quick Add (PM)
We are happy to announce the enhanced Patient Quick Add screen that includes new functionality to dynamically check for duplicates as you enter new patient information and auto-formats Phone, Birth Date, and SSN# fields. Additionally, we have added a new Primary Care Physician field that populates the PCP (Primary Care Provider) field on the Patient Information screen.
Check for Duplicates
Enter the patient’s first and last name (and Birth Date if required by system default settings). The system checks for duplicates and displays a Duplicate patient found error if duplicates are found.
Click the View Details button to see possible duplicate patients.
New Primary Care Physician Field
Start typing in the new Primary Care Physician field to bring up a list of physician options from the Referring Providers master file. Select a provider, or add a new provider to the master file, if needed.
PM ePrescribing (PM)
View Countdown Timer for Removal of the PM ePrescribing
We have added a countdown timer to PM ePrescribing to indicate when it will be deactivated. On January 14, 2021, you will no longer be able to use the PM ePrescribing module to create, send or renew prescriptions.
Use the AdvancedMD mobile app for most prescription functions. The PM ePrescribing module Settings menu will still be available to access prescription tools such as the following:
- User Preferences
- Favorites Maintenance
- Global Settings
- Drug Security
- Drug Lookups
Representatives from AdvancedMD will be contacting each office with information about this change. If you have questions, contact Client Support Services.
See the following help files for additional information about setting up and using the AdvancedMD mobile app for prescriptions:
- Mobile App Overview
- Mobile App Setup
- Mobile App PM-Only Users Overview
- Mobile App Medications Patient Card
- Mobile App Prescriptions
- Mobile App Electronic Prescriptions for Controlled Substances
- Mobile App Prescription Confirmation
- Mobile App Prescription Renewal Requests
- Mobile App Medication History Import
- Mobile App Manage Patient Pharmacies