Chart Details (EHR)
Make Uploaded Documents Patient Viewable
The Patient Viewable check box, which makes documents available in the Patient Portal when they are signed, now displays in Chart Details for documents added to the system using the Upload Document or Bulk Upload tools.
Note: The Patient Viewable check box is still available for scanned documents.
Enhanced Eligibility Details Screen
We have streamlined the look and feel of the Eligibility Details screen including the following updates and additions:
- Now, when you check eligibility, you will always see one of these responses in relevant fields in the Eligibility Details screen:
- Eligibility information returned by the carrier.
- ‘N/A’ if the carrier responds, but sends no information for the detail.
- ‘No response from carrier’ message.
- We have added the following Health Benefits Plan Coverage fields:
- (IPA) Independent Physicians Association
- Administrative Plan
- (MSP) Medical Secondary Payer
Go to Patient Information | Insurance tab | click the Details button.
You can now create a flowsheet using an existing master as a template, which will save you time when creating new flowsheets that are similar to existing masters.
Open a patient chart | click Flowsheets.
- Select a flowsheet from the Name grid to use as a template, hover over Save, and click Save As.
- Enter a New Flowsheet Name and click Save.
- Make any necessary changes to the flowsheet, hover over Save, and click Save
Additionally, we have enhanced the Add Row feature, so you can select a row in the table and click Add Row to add a row below the selected row.
Patient Demographics (PM)
Send One-time Survey
You can now send a survey to patients anytime by clicking the new Send Satisfaction Survey to Patient icon on the Patient Information screen. Patients no longer need a scheduled appointment to receive a survey. Patients will still receive a survey when they are checked out.
Click the Patient icon | Select a patient | Click the Send Satisfaction Survey to Patient icon.
Patient Satisfaction Ratings Report (PM)
New Filters and Settings
We have added new filters to the Patient Satisfaction Ratings report to help you better identify areas that might be negatively affecting your business. New Filters:
- Facility filter
- Group by:
Go to Reports | Reputation Management | Patient Satisfaction Ratings.
Payment Detail (PM)
Edit Payments not Void
Now you can easily edit patient and insurance payments using new functionality that voids the old payment and reposts the updated payment details for you. You can also update additional payment detail fields including, Payment Code, Payment Method, and Check number, and indicate if you want Note text included on a patient statement by selecting the new Include on Statement check box.
Prior to the enhancement you could only update the Deposit Date and Note fields without doing a void and repost.
Automatic Void/Repost Edit Payments
Editing payment details automatically voids and reposts the payment for you.
Go to Patient Financial History.
- Select a patient.
- Double-click the patient payment line item to edit.
- Click the Edit button in the Amount field, and click OK to allow the system to automatically complete the void process and bring up the Edit Payment posting screen
Note: You can add new reason codes when editing insurance payments, but all previously entered payment reason codes are included with the new payment when it is automatically reposted.
- Add new payment and details as needed.
- Click OK. The new payment and details are posted.
Note: The audit log report provides details of old and new values for edited payments.
Important Note: Credit card payments cannot be edited using the new process.
New Patient Card Toolbar and Menu
We have updated the Scheduler Patient Card with a Quick Action Toolbar and Appointment Menu so you can now:
- Open a patient chart or charge slip.
- Select an appointment status.
- Add an annotation or send a message.
- Mark appointments as Other or No-show.
- Add linked chart items.
Access Patient Card Toolbar and Menu
- Hover over an appointment to view the Patient Card with the Quick Action Toolbar.
- Click an appointment to open the Patient Card with the Appointment Menu
Double Click Appointment to open Charge Slip
We have changed the Dashboard Scheduler so you now double-click an appointment to open a Charge Slip for the appointment.
Previously, you clicked the appointment to open a Charge Slip.
Practice Health Section Updates
We have released a new Public Reviews section. In the Public Reviews section you can:
- View the average social media ratings for individual sites at-a-glance
- Click the Test icon to ensure the review link is correct
- Click Set Up to open the Social Media Review Links master file
In addition to this enhancement, we have updated the look and feel of the Practice Health section of the Dashboard.
Rooming Dashboard (EHR)
We have added the Rooming Dashboard to the Modules menu in EHR. The Rooming Dashboard functions the same as it does in PM. On the Rooming Dashboard you can:
- Assign patients to rooms.
- Assign patient status, (e.g., patient is with doctor, patient is waiting for nurse).
- View where and how long patients have been roomed or waiting.
- Track which rooms are free or occupied.
- Change the provider on the appointment.
- Filter appointments by location and provider.
- View patient appointment details and notes.
- View in a secure mode that obscures patient names for greater privacy protection.
Rooming Dashboard and AdvancedRooming Overview (PM/EHR)
End Rooming with Checkout
To save you time, patients will now be automatically removed from the rooming list when they are checked out. This eliminates the need to manually mark their status as Complete Rooming, or drag their Rooming card to the Exit Rooming icon.
Social Media Review Links Master File (PM)
Use the Same Link as Practice Check Box
If the social media links for a provider or facility are the same as the practice, you can save time entering information by selecting the new Use the same link as Practice check box.
Go to Master Files | Providers/Groups | Practice | Review Links.
System Defaults (PM)
Patient Portal Credit Card System Defaults
We have added two new system defaults to reduce denied credit card transactions in the Patient Portal:
- Require Valid Security Code – Use the Require Valid Security Code system default to require the CVV for credit card transactions in the Patient Portal.
The default is Yes. This is the recommended setting
- Require Valid Address – Use the Require Valid Address system default to require that the billing address entered in the Patient Portal and the address on file with the credit card provider are the same.
The default is Yes. This is the recommended setting.
Go to Utilities | System Defaults | Patient Portal | Accept Credit Cards.
Video Training Library (PM/EHR/Mobile)
The following videos have been updated:
- AdvancedMobileDoc™ (3:05)
Updated to include notes on the iPhone.
- AdvancedReputation™ (3:36)
Updated to include new report filters, dashboard view, and on-demand surveys.
- Introduction to EHR (7:40)
Updated to accommodate changes to the Dashboard.
- Posting Patient Payment (5:42)
Updated to include the new edit payments functionality.