Carrier Level Visit Note Custom Claim Field
You can now record additional carrier-level claim data using the new Visit Note custom claim field. This enhancement saves you time spent manually entering required data each time you bill a specific carrier. When you bill the specified carrier, the data entered in the Visit Note field will display in the following:
- Professional and Institutional Electronic Claims and 5010D – loop 2300, NTE segment.
- Professional Paper Claims – Box 19, before any other information entered.
- Institutional Paper Claims – Box 80, before any other information entered.
For this enhancement, we have:
- Updated the Carriers master file with a new Carrier Custom Claim Fields screen and Claims Fields button.
- Updated the Custom Claim Fields master file to accommodate carrier-level fields.
Note: In order to send carrier-level custom claim information, the new Visit Note field must first be activated in the Custom Claim Fields master file.
Carriers Master File
We have added a new Claim Fields button to the Carriers master file, that opens the new Carrier Custom Claim Fields screen. The Carrier Custom Claim Fields screen is where you enter custom data at the carrier level.
Custom Claim Fields Master File
We have updated the Custom Claim Fields master file with the following:
- Added a new Visit Note carrier level custom claim field.
- Changed the table column header from Visit/Charge to Data Level.
- Changed the name of the label Level to Report Data to Data Level and added the Carrier level.
We have updated the filter in the Worklist table so you can now filter chart items by Assistant, Provider, or All. We have also moved the Other Provider filter to the bottom of the filter list.
Master Files (PM)
Provider Scheduler Setup
You can now attach a reminder template, or turn off appointment reminders to appointment types at the provider level in the Provider Schedule Setup master file. This will improve your patients’ experience by controlling the number and type of appointment reminders they receive.
Note: The reminder template saved in this master file will override the setting in Appointment Types for the selected provider. Go to Master Files | Appointments | Provider Schedule Setup.
Template Library (EHR)
We are happy to announce the release of the following new subnotes used for quality measure reporting for the 2018 MACRA measurement period. Additionally, we have updated the subnote specialty called Quality Measures Reporting Period to eCQM Quality Measures.
Go to EHR | Admin | Templates | Library | eCQM Quality Measures.
- 002: Depression Screening and Follow-up
- 022: Screen HBP and Follow-up
- 050: Close Loop Receipt of Report
- 122: Hemoglobin HbA1c Poor Control
- 124: Cervical Cancer Screening
- 125: Breast Cancer Screening
- 127: Pneumococcal for Older Adults
- 129: Prostate CA: Overuse of Bone Scan
- 130: Colorectal Cancer Screening
- 131: Diabetes: Eye Exam
- 132: Complications Post Cataract Surgery
- 133: Cataract Surgical Visual Acuity
- 134: Medical Attn for Nephropathy
- 137: Drug Dependence Treatment-Exclusion, only
- 138: Tobacco Use and Cessation
- 139: Falls Risk Screening
- 142: Comm. Retinopathy and Macular
- 143: POAG: Optic Nerve Evaluation
- 147: Influenza Immunization
- 149: Dementia: Cognitive Assessment
- 158: Pregnant Women HBsAg Testing
- 160: Utilization of the PHQ-9
- 161: Adult (MDD): Suicide Risk
- 164: IVD: Use of ASA or Antiplatelet
- 165: Controlling High Blood Pressure
- 167: Macular Edema and Retinopathy
- 169: Appraisal for Substance Use
- 177: Child / Adolescent (MDD): Suicide Risk
- 347: Statin Therapy Prevent Treatment CVD
Video Training Library (PM)
The following videos have been updated:
- Denial Tracking (5:47)
Updated to include the Carrier Denial Analysis and the Claim Submission Analysis
reports. Also updated to include latest version of the toolbar.