We are pleased to announce the new AdvancedEducation™ module. AdvancedEducation provides your practice with high value clinical health content and patient education information specific to each patient’s condition. Many documents are offered in a variety of languages, helping you to meet the needs of diverse patients. You can use AdvancedEducation to:
- Search for and assign educational documents to patients while you are working in the patient chart
- Keep a record in the patient’s chart of which documents they have received.
- View assigned materials in the Patient Education screen in the patient chart.
- Send materials to the Patient Portal so patients can view them.
AdvancedEducation is an add-on module. To order AdvancedEducation, contact Client Support Services.
Use the InfoButton to open AdvancedEducation while you are working in the patient chart. The InfoButton is available from the patient chart in the following places:
- Problem List panel and on the Problem List screen on the chart header Summary tab
- Rx Summary panel on the chart header Summary tab
- Result Summary panel on the chart header Notes tab
- Medications tab in the chart header
- Results chart item tab
- HealthWatcher Plan Manager
- Click the InfoButton icon in AdvancedEHR. Any suggested results for the item selected display.
- Select the information or material in the Results based on patient data column. A preview displays in the Preview and Print column.
- Select the language you want the document to display in using the Language dropdown menu.
Note: Not all documents are available in multiple languages. Documents that are offered in languages other than English and Spanish are noted with a Language icon.
- Click Hold to queue the selected material to be printed or sent to the Patient Portal and the Patient Education tool in EHR while you preview other information or material. You can click the cancel icon next to the information or material to remove it from the queue.
- When you have all of the information and materials you want in the queue, click Send to send them to the Patient Portal and the Patient Education tool in EHR, or Print to view a printable PDF of the documents.
Note: Some materials, such as videos, cannot be printed.
Important Note: You can also search through content, see content listed in alphabetical order, or view content based on categories in the AdvancedEducation module by using the New Search, A-Z, or Categories tab.
Patient Receipts (PM)
We have added three new patient receipts to PM, and you can now access all receipts from several payment entry screens and in the Reports Center/Reports menu. The new receipts are:
- Basic Patient Receipt
- Detailed Patient Receipt
- Patient Account Receipt
Payment Entry Screens
We have added a drop-down on the following payment entry screens where you can select a patient receipt:
- Collect Co-Payment
- Payment Entry
- Patient Checkout
Reports Center/Reports Menu
The new patient receipts have been added to the Reports Center/Reports menu under a new heading of Receipts. The existing Payment Receipt has been renamed Custom Patient Receipt and moved to the Receipts heading. Previously the Payment Receipt was under the Patient Listings heading.
Patient Receipts System Default
We have also added a new Default Receipt Report system default where you can select the receipt that displays by default on the payment screens.
Go to Utilities | System Defaults | Transaction Entry | Payment Processing.
The default setting is Basic Patient Receipt.
Audit History by User
Use the new Audit History by User report to view changes to the system by user, and verify that actions and processes are completed. The report has filters for user and date range.
Note: For all users and long date ranges the results can be large. Filter date ranges and number of users to reduce the report size.
The report results contain the date and time of the change, the item that was changed, the old and new values, and where in the database the changed item exists.
System Defaults (PM)
Turn Off Automatic Patient Surveys
Use the new Send Patient Survey Automatically After Checkout system default to control automatic patient surveys for reputation management.
Select No if you want to disable automatic patient surveys. The default is Yes.
Note: If the system default is set to No, it does not affect manual and campaign surveys.
Go to Utilities | System Defaults | Reputation Management.
Template Library (EHR)
Updated Subnote – 138: Tobacco Use and Cessation
We have re-released the 138: Tobacco Use and Cessation subnote. This subnote now contains claim submission template controls that have been updated to the 2018 criteria.
Go to EHR | Admin | Templates | Library | eCQM Quality Measures.
Video Training Library (PM)
The following video has been added to the Video Training Library:
- Configuring the Patient Portal (2:17)
Welcome to the configuring Patient Portal video training. Patient Portal enables your patients to conveniently interact with your office and access their clinical records online. In this video we go over how to design your office’s Patient Portal, and how to configure distribution lists to enable features in the Patient Portal.
The following videos have been updated:
- Global Period Feature (4:58)
Updated to match the current look and feel of AdvancedScheduling®.
- Managing Recalls (4:59)
Updated to include changes in workflow and match the current look and feel of