We are excited to announce the new AdvancedCQM™ module. Use the AdvancedCQM™ module to assess quality measure performance, review measure logic, and view reports, including the QRDA. In the module you can:
- Create reports
- View report results and details
- Drilldown to the patient encounter that can be compared to the CMS measure requirements
- Download a QRDA file
- Add and edit default measures for reports
- Filter and archive reports
- View the Audit Log
This module will be released in stages over the next several months. Go to Modules | AdvancedCQM.
User Roles To access AdvancedCQM, your user role must have one of these privileges selected in PM Role Setup:
- Single Provider Report – For clinicians who only need to view their own data.
- Multiple Provider Report – For practice administrators who need to run reports for all participating providers in the practice.
Important Note: Providers must log in to the AdvancedCQM module once before their information displays for the Multiple Provider Report user.
Create Report Create reports to assess quality measure performance.
- Click Create Report.
- Select report options.
- Use the Search field to search for specific measures, and select the measures you want to include on the report. Note: If you are a Multiple Provider Report user, you can skip this step to run the pre-selected measures for each provider, or click Override all provider preselected measures to select the measures you want to include in the report.
- Click Queue Report
Note: While a report is compiling, you can click Halt Evalution to stop the report from running. The Status updates to HaltedByUser. Click the Re-run icon to run the report again.
View Report Results Click View Results for any report that has a Status of Complete to open the Dashboard. The following information displays for each measure included in the report:
- Measure Description – The name of the quality measure.
- Performance Rate – The percentage meeting the criteria.
- IPP – The initial patient population, or the group of patients the performance measure is designed to address.
- Denominator – A subset of the initial patient population as defined by the measure.
- Exclusions – The patient population excluded from the denominator because the service or therapy would not be appropriate in instances where the patient otherwise meets the denominator criteria.
- Numerator – A subset of the denominator patient population that meets the measure criteria.
- Exceptions – A subset of the denominator. Exception specifications remove patients/events from the denominator only if the numerator criteria are not met. Exceptions are generally provider or patient determined reasons for refusing certain clinical actions.
- Performance Not Met – A subset of the initial patient population that meets the denominator criteria, but not the numerator criteria.
View Detailed Results To view more information about the performance rate results, click View Detail. The Patient List for the measure displays. You can filter the patient list by patient Last Name, First Name, or Patient ID. Use the patient list to quickly see if a patient meets the measure’s requirements for the initial patient population (IPP), denominator (Den), exclusion (Excl), numerator (Num), or exception (Excp). A green check mark indicates that the patient met the requirements for the category.
View the Drilldown Screen To view information about the patient encounter, click the green check mark or empty check box in one of the columns. Note: The Drilldown screen is a detail of the patient encounter and can be compared to the CMS measure requirements. The Drilldown screen displays information specific to the patient encounter. You can see how a patient meets criteria for a measure, indicated by the blue check mark. You can also see how a patient does not meet criteria for the measure, indicated by a red X. The Drilldown screen includes the following information related to the measure:
- Initial Patient Population
- Denominator Exclusion
- Denominator Exception
- Data Completeness Met with Performance Not Met
- Data Criteria (QDM Variables)
- Patient Data
Download a QRDA Download QRDA files to report quality measure results.
- Click View Results
- Click the Detail tab
- Click on the button for the file you want to download
Edit Account Use the Edit Account feature to select the measures you want pre-selected when you create a report. Note: The Single Provider Report user cannot edit user information or report generation options.
Add or Change Pre-selected Measures
- Click your user name and select Edit Account from the drop-down.
- Select the default measures you want when you create a report. Use the Search bar to search for specific measures.
- Click Save.
- On the Home screen, click the Archive icon on any report you want to remove from the Queued Reports list. This will archive the report, results, and all of the staging data located in the CQMsolution database.
- Click Archive Report to confirm.
Filter Report Click the Filter icon to filter the report by provider or patient information.
View Audit Log Click Audit Log to view a detailed list of all user actions performed in AdvancedCQM. Note: Single Provider Report users will only be able to see their own actions in the Audit Log.
Administration Tab Users with the Multiple Provider Report privilege in AdvancedCQM have access to the Administration tab, where you can edit users, and generate a QRDA I.
Users The Users screen displays a list of all AdvancedCQM users. Click Edit to go to the Edit User screen where you can add or change the user’s pre-selected measures. This screen functions the same as the Edit Account screen.
Generate QRDA1 Use the Initial QRDA Cat I Generation screen to generate QRDA Category 1 xml files to download via a zip file.
- Enter measures into the Measure List field, separating each measure with commas (e.g., ‘9,26,32’)
- Select the Bundle
- Select the Reporting Year
- Click Generate QRDA Cat 1 Files to download a PDF of the QRDA for the report you selected
Role Setup (PM)
AdvancedCQM Privileges We have added two new AdvancedCQM™ privileges for the AdvancedCQM module:
- Multiple Provider Report – Allows the user to run reports in AdvancedCQM for all participating providers in the practice.
- Single Provider Report – Allows the user to run their own reports in AdvancedCQM.
Important Note: Providers must log in to the AdvancedCQM module once before their information displays for the Multiple Provider Report user. Go to Utilities | Role Setup | AdvancedCQM.
Video Training Library (EHR)
The following videos have been updated to match changes in the EHR, including new patient chart, chart cards, and new Upload icon and Bulk Upload tool:
- AdvancedPatient® – Managing Patient Forms in the EHR (8:18)
- Uploading Files (5:30)
- ePrescribing (7:25)
- Document Scanning Module (5:36)