Mobile App Updates (Mobile)
We are excited to announce the following updates to our mobile and iPhone® apps:
- Toggle current medications
- Print drug leaflet
- Filter Visiting Today list
- Include subnotes in Word® merge
Toggle Current Medications On the Medications screen, you can now toggle a medication status from Current to Historic.
- Swipe a medication to the left and tap Toggle Current to move the prescription from Current to Historic
- After you have toggled a prescription, refresh the Medications list to filter out prescriptions that no longer apply to the selected filter
Print Drug Leaflet You can now access the First Databank website and print drug leaflets for medications in the mobile app, just as you can in EHR. Note: To print from your mobile device, you must have an AirPrint® compatible printer.
- Open a prescription in the patient’s chart.
- Tap the Action icon
- Tap Drug Leaflet. A preview of the drug leaflet displays.
- Tap Print.
Filter Visiting Today List You can now filter the Visiting Today list by Appointment Status. Tap the Patient icon. Tap the Filter icon to filter your Visiting Today list. Filters include:
- Appointment Status
- Checked In
- Checked Out
Include Subnotes in Word Merge You can now use the Word Merge feature to merge patient subnote data into a Word document if the patient note has an associated Word merge document, just as you can in EHR.
Include All Documents in Word Merge Setting We have added the option to Include All Docs in Word Merge in mobile app Settings. Select Include All Docs in Word Merge to include all subnotes in Word merge documents by default. If the setting is off, you can decide which subnotes to include when you generate a Word merge. Word Merge Subnotes
- Open a saved patient note in the patient’s chart that has an associated Word merge template
- When you generate a Word merge that contains subnotes, the Include Sub Docs screen displays. Select the subnotes you want to include in the Word merge and tap done. Notes: There are two ways to set your device to always include all subnotes in a Word merge.
- Select Always Include All Subnotes on the Include Sub Docs screen
- Select Include All Docs in Word Merge on the Settings screen.
The Always Include All Sub Docs check box on the Include Sub Docs screen is connected to the Include All Docs in Word Merge setting. If you select either, the Include Sub Docs screen will not display and all subnotes will always be included in a Word Merge.
Patient Messaging (PM)
Renamed Email and Text Templates Master File We have renamed the Email and Text Templates master file to Automated Messaging & Reminders to improve the clarity of its functionality. There is no change to the functionality of this screen. Go to Master Files | Templates | Automated Messaging & Reminders.
Updated Patient Messaging Module and Added Print Functionality We have updated the Patient Messaging module and added the ability to print patient message history. As part of this enhancement, we have:
- Renamed the Email and Text Message Center to Messaging History.
- Added new print functionality to the Messaging History screen. To print a list of patient messaging histories, you can:
- Press Ctrl+P to print directly from the Messaging History screen.
- Click the Print button to open and print from the new Patient Messaging Status report.
- Added Message Category filter and Message Category, Appt Type, Date, Time, and Form columns to the Messaging History screen.
- Renamed the Patient Messaging screen to Targeted Messaging Campaigns.
- Moved Targeted Messaging Campaigns and Messaging History under the Patient Messaging module.
Patient Messaging Report Use the Patient Messaging Status report to generate a list of statuses for patient messaging. This report displays details regarding patient communication. Go to Reports | Patient Management | Patient Messaging Status.
Enter Report Filters Use filters designed for this report to refine report results by including or excluding specific date. The following date filters are available:
- Date Range
- Sent Type
- Message Category
- The Sent status indicates the message was to sent to the patient.
- The Delivered status indicates the message was sent and also confirmed as received by the patient.
- Depending on a patient’s cellphone carrier, confirming appointments does not always change a status to Delivered in the Patient Messaging Status report.
Note: The Patient Messaging Status report displays Sent and Delivered statuses if you filter by Sent:
Payment Entry (PM)
We have updated the look and feel of the Collect Copayment screen to improve workflow. Updated copayment screens are available in Appointment Scheduler and Quick Charge Entry. Note: Updated payment screens display if your practice has been upgraded to AdvancedMD’s latest credit card processing product. Call Client Support Services for assistance.
Use the Overpayment report as needed to review overpayments so they can be refunded to patients or insurance carriers. Filter the report by date range, patients, carriers, payment method, or payment code. You can also run the report in summary or detail mode. Voided, zero balance, and zero charge transactions are excluded.
Video Training Library (EHR)
The following video has been updated to include newest toolbars and demographics screen in the EHR:
- EHR Word Merge Documents (10:29)
The following videos have been updated to match the look of the new EHR:
- EHR Admin Setup Part 1 (7:38)
- EHR Admin Setup Part 2 (5:15)
- ePrescribing Setup (9:13)
The following videos have been updated to match the new version of the Patient Chart:
- Introduction to AdvancedEHR (7:41)
- Clinical Messaging (3:55)
- Introduction to the Patient Chart (5:54)
- Patient Visit Workflow – Nurse and MA (9:17)
- ePrescribing Setup (9:13)
- Patient Health Education (7:10)
- EHR Word Merge Documents (10:47)
- HealthWatcher Setup (5:42)
- Problem List (5:50)