We have made the following improvements in the mobile app:
- l Updated workflow in lab orders and results
- l Collapsed billing and insurance information
- l Consolidated steps when adding and removing tests in Order Sets
- l Updated the ICD code search to allow you to apply codes to all tests
- l Added lab orders and results to the iPhone® mobile app
- Improved workflow efficiency in the Review Bin
- Added Quick Review mode
- l Added Multi-sign mode
- l Added documents and images, and lab orders to Review Bin
- Made two updates to the mobile app Schedule
- l Updated appointment card information
- l Updated Schedule view selector
- Added a Patient Viewable check box in patient notes
Lab Orders and Results
The New Lab Order screen now opens with billing and insurance information collapsed by default so you can see the most important information first. Expand the insurance information by tapping the Expand icon.
We have consolidated steps when adding and removing tests to order sets. Now when you select an Order Set, a list of the available tests in the order set displays where you can tap to automatically add or remove tests from the Test grid.
Updated ICD Code Search
You can now apply codes to all tests. Tap Add Codes or the Add icon above the Lab Tests grid to open an ICD search where you can search for or use a pick list to select ICD codes to add to all tests.
iPhone Mobile App Lab Orders and Results
On the iPhone mobile app, you can now:
- l View a patient’s lab orders and results list
- l Create and edit lab orders for patients
Quick Review Mode
We have added a Quick Review mode to help you review items in the Review Bin more efficiently.
There are two ways to open Quick Review mode:
- Tap the Quick Review icon to start at the top of the list of items in your Review
- l Swipe an item to the left and tap Review & Sign to enter Quick Review mode for that
In the new Quick Review mode, tapping Sign or Done for an item will automatically move you to the next item in the list, or you can use the Forward and Back arrows to navigate through the list without signing an item.
Tap Cancel to exit Quick Review mode.
Note: You will be prompted for your Signoff Password on the first item you sign in the Review Bin. If the Don’t prompt for signoff password this session check box is selected when you tap Sign, you will not be required to enter your Signoff Password again until your session expires. The Don’t prompt for signoff password this session check box is selected by default.
We have added a Multi-sign mode to allow you to sign multiple items in the Review Bin at one time.
- Tap the Multi-sign icon to enter Multi-sign mode and display a list of items that
are ready to be signed.
- 2. Tap an item to select it, or tap Select All. You can tap an item again to deselect it, or
tap Clear Selection to deselect all.
- 3. Tap Sign Selection to sign all selected items.
- 4. Tap Cancel or the Multi-sign icon to exit Multi-sign mode.
- l You will be prompted for your Signoff Password on the first item you sign in the Review Bin. If the Don’t prompt for signoff password this session check box is selected when you tap Sign, you will not be required to enter your Signoff Password again until your session expires. The Don’t prompt for signoff password this session check box is selected by default.
- If the Multi-sign in Home Page-Review – Requires Reviewed First check box is selected in EHR Global Settings, the Multi-sign icon will not display and you cannot access Multi-sign mode.
Lab Orders and Documents and Images
Lab Orders and Documents and Images are now available to review in the mobile app Review Bin.
We have improved the mobile app Schedule workflow by making the following changes:
- l Added Provider and Visit Number to the Appointment Details section on appointment cards.
- Removed the gear icon and added Day, Week, and Month view selectors to column headers. Tap a column header to select a different Schedule view.
We have added a Patient Viewable check box to mobile app patient notes. This check box functions the same as it does in EHR. Select this check box to make a note viewable in the patient portal.
Note: The Patient Viewable check box always displays in the mobile app, even if you have set the Patient Note Viewable in Patient Portal PM system default to No.