Patient Chart (EHR)
Import Medication History Update
We have updated the Import Medication History screen with a new look that makes it easier to view and use. We have also added the ability to import medications as Record Only. Record-only prescriptions are added to the patient chart as current.
This feature will be released in stages over the next few weeks.
Open a patient chart | On the Medications patient card, click the Import Patient Medication History icon.
Import Medications to the Patient Chart
Medications that can be imported display in the Medication Import List, and current medications in the patient chart display in the Current Medication List.
- You are not required to import every medication on the Import Medication List.
- If you do not select a status for a medication it will not be imported.
- If you select Ignore, the medication will not be imported and remains on the Medication Import List marked as Ignore, but it is no longer included in the number of medications to be imported indicated by the badge on the Medications patient card.
1. On the Medication Import List column, select a status on a medication you want to import to the patient chart.
Hint: You can select multiple lines on the Medication Import List column by pressing Shift and then selecting a status on one line. The status selected is applied to all selected lines.
The medication line is highlighted with a color depending on the status selected.
- Current (green) – The medication will be imported as a current medication.
- Historic (yellow) – The medication will be imported as a historic medication.
- Record Only (blue) – The medication will be imported as a record-only medication and marked as Current.
- Ignore (red) – The medication will not be imported. The medication remains on the Medication Import List column marked as ignore.
2. The next drug in the list is automatically selected, but you can select any drug in the list. Repeat until all medications you want to import have a status selected.
3. Click the right arrow to move the medications to the Current Medication List column.
Note: If you have selected the wrong status for a medication, move the medication back to the Medication Import List to select the correct status.
4. Click Save.
Important Note: Once you have selected a status for a medication and clicked Save you can no longer move that medication between the columns.