Online Scheduling – Customize Online Scheduling Templates
We are happy to announce the addition of Online Scheduling Templates to our Online Scheduling feature. Use Online Scheduling Templates to customize your automatic responses for online scheduling, including appointment confirmations, appointments deletions, and declining appointment requests. Online scheduling messages are sent after one of the following actions is completed:
- Appointment Confirmation Template – Confirms a scheduled appointment with patient.
- Appointment Delete Template – Deletes a scheduled appointment from the Scheduler.
- Merge Patient Decline Template – Declines a patient from the Matching Patient Records screen.
You can edit and test Online Scheduling Templates the same as you edit and test other text and email templates in the Automated Messaging & Reminders master file.
Edit Online Scheduling Reminder Templates
The Online Scheduling Reminder Templates section contains system defined templates with default wording for the English and Spanish templates. You can customize and edit these templates to fit your practice. If necessary, you can revert back to the default wording for all template types and formats (email and text).
Default Template Wording
All online scheduling template types have default English and Spanish templates for email and text. If you have changed the template, you can revert back to the default wording.
Manage Template Settings
By default, all Online Scheduling Templates are enabled to send to patients. You can disable sending Online Scheduling Templates and enable Spanish templates in the Template Settings screen.
CBO EHR Access – New Feature (PM/EHR)
We are excited to announce that you can now grant EHR access and privileges to Central Billing Office (CBO) master key users.
The CBO feature is a robust and efficient tool for any medical billing service that performs billing operations for multiple physicians and sites. You can quickly view, analyze, and manage your entire business from the top down by performing billing activities for each individual practice and maintain independent reporting for each client.
Special CBO features save time by giving you the ability to schedule appointments and run statements, claims, and reports for any sub-office key from the CBO master key.
Note: The CBO feature is visible only to offices requesting this functionality. Please contact Client Support Services if you are interested in the CBO feature.
If sub-office key administrators (users with Admin selected in the Role field in User Management) grant CBO master key users access to their EHR, then CBO master key users can also view, edit, sign, or add items to an EHR for a sub-office key depending on their role privileges.
CBO EHR access is set up in coordination between the sub-office key administrator and the CBO master key administrator (users with Full Administrator or User Administrator selected in the Administrator Type field in User Management). However, the final decision to grant CBO master key users access to a sub-office key’s EHR is controlled by the sub-office key administrator. The sub-office key administrator grants EHR access to any
CBO master key users assigned to the sub-office key in the CBO master key’s User Management | Users tab. By default, CBO master key users are required to enter a reason each time they access a sub-office key’s EHR, but this setting can be changed by sub-office key administrators.
CBO Master Key User Setup in PM
First, the CBO master key administrator updates or creates a CBO master key user with access to sub-office keys and includes EHR in the User Type field. The CBO master key user is assigned all Providers and all Scheduler columns in EHR by default.
Request CBO User Access to EHR
There are multiple areas in PM where CBO master key users can request access to a suboffice key’s EHR if they do not already have access
Grant CBO Master Key Users Access to EHR
CBO sub-office key administrators (users with Admin selected in the Role field in User Management) must grant EHR access to CBO master key users. CBO sub-office key administrators can also require CBO master key users to enter a reason each time they log in to the sub-office key’s EHR.
View CBO Audit Trail
View EHR CBO LOG IN and Reason information in the EHR Audit Tracker.
Online Intake – New Feature (PM)
We are happy to announce the new Online Intake Feature! This feature integrates with Online Scheduling (OLS) to give patients a seamless transition into your practice. Use the new Online Intake/Scheduling Worklist to confirm or decline new patients into your practice, as well as view and monitor appointments scheduled online. You can also select to have patients create appointments online from intake acceptance emails, or after completing online intake forms, minimizing the amount of time front office staff spend on the phone screening patients and scheduling appointments.
The Online Intake Feature includes several setup tasks for both online intake and OLS, as
well as new features:
- Select Role Privileges
- Set up New Online Intake (Prescreening) Options in OLS Setup Master File
- Set up Additional Master Files
- New Intake Features
- View Messaging History
- View Intake Notes on the Notes Tab
- View the Intake Tab in Custom Tabs
- Customize Intake Templates
- Manage Intake Requests on the Intake Tab
Select Role Privileges
The following privileges should be set for staff members who need to view the Intake grid in the Online Intake/Scheduling Worklist, resolve duplicate patients, and accept appointments scheduled online. They will also have permission to manage the scheduler and access the Online Scheduling Setup master file.
- Utilities | User Management | Roles | Online Intake/Scheduling
- Access Online Intake/Scheduling Worklist to view the Intake/Scheduling grids and accept or decline new patients. This also grants access to the Reason for Visit and Intake Statuses master files.
- Utilities | User Management | Roles | Demographics | Patient
- Access the Matching Patient Records screen to resolve duplicate patients. Also allows the user to create, view, and edit and/or delete patient information.
- Utilities | User Management | Roles | Master Files – Appt Scheduler
- Access to the Online Scheduling Setup master file. Additionally, allows the user to manage Scheduler settings, such as create, view, edit and/or delete appointment types, cancel reasons, appointment instruction, and more.
Online Intake (Prescreening)
- Online Intake (Prescreening) – Select online scheduling options for online intake.
Select the Allow Online Intake check box to enable the following options:
- Include online scheduling with intake – Allow patients to schedule appointments online after they have completed online intake.
- Include online scheduling link in intake confirmation message – Allow patients to schedule appointments online from a link included in their intake patient confirmation email.
- Neither – Online Intake is enabled, but patients cannot schedule appointments.
- Online Intake (Prescreening) Questions Order – Indicate which option the patient selects first, preferred provider or reason for visit.
- Ask for Preferred Provider before asking for Reason for Visit
- Ask for Reason for Visit before asking for Preferred Provider
Set up Additional Master Files
Both online intake and OLS require set up in master files prior to use. Ensuring master files are set up correctly will help to maximize the Online Intake feature. There are two additional master files solely for online intake, Reason for Visit and Intake Statuses.
- Master Files | Providers/Groups | Providers (Professional)
- Ensure that providers have relevant provider types assigned to their profiles. Provider types can have preset reasons for visits that patients can select as they complete online scheduling and online intake.
- Master Files | Facilities
- Select the Include in Portal option to enable selected facilities to display in the portal when patients schedule appointments online. This allows patients to select a preferred facility during online intake.
- Master Files | Online Intake/Scheduling | Reason for Visit
- Use the Reason for Visit master file to create reasons for visits and assign them by provider type, or to a specific provider. Reasons for visits assigned by provider type are applied to all providers, but you can add or remove reasons for visits for an individual provider. You can create new reasons for visits on the Reasons for Visit by Type tab.
- Master Files | Appointment | Appointment Types
- Select Online Scheduling to enable selected appointment types to display in the portal as patients schedule appointments online.
- Master Files | Carriers | Carrier Categories
- Select Use in Intake for a Carrier Category.
- Master Files | Online Intake/Scheduling | Intake Statuses
- Create intake statuses. You can select an intake status for patients in the Online Intake/Scheduling Worklist.
Ensuring that the following master files are set up for OLS will allow potential patients to flow seamlessly from online intake to online scheduling, if you have selected the Include online scheduling with intake option in the Online Scheduling Setup master file.
- Master Files | Appointments | Block/Hold Setup
- Create a hold for a new or existing column with the Allow Patient Online Booking option selected. In order for providers to display as an option in online scheduling, they must have a hold column created for them on the scheduler with the Allow Patient Online Booking option selected.
View Messaging History
You can view the statuses of Online Intake Notification messages in the Messaging History screen. You can select to turn off notifications for intake messages in the Automated Messaging & Reminders master file.
View Intake Notes on the Notes Tab
You can view notes made on a patient’s online intake submission on the Patient Notes tab. Notes that are made on the patient’s online intake submission from the Online Intake/Scheduling Worklist display #I in the Type column.
The #I note type does not display in the Note Types master file.
View the Intake Tab in Custom Tabs
As part of the Online Intake feature, you will see an additional custom tab, Intake. The Intake tab displays for all patients, but is blank unless they submit information via online intake. Use the Intake tab to view submitter/patient and insurance information that is preloaded with content included in their online intake submission, including patient/sumbitter information, primary insurance, referring and primary provider names, and contact information.
Information on the Intake tab that was submitted via online intake displays in the Created By field as #PT_PORTAL.
Additionally, you can view the Intake (#INTK) tab in the Custom Patient Tabs master file. This custom tab is automatically generated by the system if you have purchased AdvancedPatient Pro, and cannot be edited.
Customize Intake Templates
Use Intake Templates to customize your accepted, declined, and received email messages for Online Intake forms. Intake email messages are sent after one of the following actions is completed:
- Accepted Template – Accepts new patient from the Intake tab on the Online Intake/Scheduling Worklist.
- Accepted Template with OLS Link – Accepts new patient if the following criteria met:
- The Include online scheduling link in intake confirmation message option is selected in the Online Scheduling Setup master file.
- Accepts new patient from the Online Intake/Scheduling Worklist.
- Declined Template – Declines them as a new patient.
- Received Template – Confirms the office has received patient’s submission.
You can edit and test Intake Templates the same as you test and edit other templates in the
Automated Messaging & Reminders master file.
Manage Intake Requests on the Intake Tab
The Online Intake/Scheduling Worklist feature includes two tabs: Intake and Scheduling. Use the Intake tab to accept or decline new patients into your practice. The Intake tab includes potential patient’s information, the date they submitted online intake, their reason for visit, patient-selected provider, facility, insurance, appointment type, and
status. This information displays in the Intake grid.
Patient Kiosk (Mobile)
We have completely redesigned the Patient Kiosk app with a new modern look, and we are excited to announce the following new features:
- Support for Android® devices
- Ability to collect copayments, payment plans, and patient balance payments
- Patient check-in at login, which updates the patient’s appointment status to Checked In on the schedule
- New stand-alone Check-in Mode, which does not require having the Patient Forms or Payment feature to check in patients
Download Patient Kiosk App for Android Device
The Patient Kiosk app is now available for download for Android devices.
The Patient Kiosk app for Android devices includes all of the same great features as the iOS® app, including:
- Patient check-in
- Payments, including copayments, payment plans, and patient balance payments
- Patient forms, including medication history, assessments, and questionnaires
- Patient consent forms and signatures
- Patient demographic information
Collect Patient Payments
You can now collect patient payments in the Patient Kiosk app.
To use the Payments feature in the Patient Kiosk app, you must have payment processing set up in PM. Once payment processing is set up in PM, you can set up accounts and card readers in the Patient Kiosk app.
- Open the Settings screen and tap Set up Payments.
- To prevent patients from accessing payment account and card reader information, enter your password before accessing payment information.
- Select an account and card reader for the Patient Kiosk app to use when processing credit card payments. The app uses OpenEdge® to process payments.
Select an Account
Credit card processing account information is set up by your credit card processing company (OpenEdge).
- Tap Change Account.
- Select the account you want to use, and tap Save.
Select a Card Reader
On the Card Readers screen, tap to scan for card readers. Available devices display on the Card Readers screen.
- Tap Change Card Reader.
- On the Card Readers screen, tap to scan for card readers. Available devices display on the Card Readers screen.
- Select the card reader you want to use and tap Save.
When the patient logs in to the Patient Kiosk, the app displays the patient’s copayment, payment plan, or balance based on information in PM. Patients can then use a credit card reader to swipe or manually enter their information to make payments.
Check in Patient at Login
We have updated the Patient Kiosk, so when the patient logs into the Patient Kiosk, the patient’s appointment status is updated to Checked In in the schedule.
If your office has the Rooming feature enabled, the patient is assigned to the first room and status available in the Rooming Dashboard.
We have added a new Check-in Mode, so patients can use the Patient Kiosk app to check in when they arrive at your office, even if your office doesn’t use the Patient Forms or Payment features.
Video Training Library (PM/EHR/Mobile)
The following video has been added to the Video Training Library:
- Online Intake
As part of AdvancedPatient Pro, Online Intake revolutionizes your new patient prescreening process by giving you the ability to confirm or decline new patients into your practice. Additionally, intake integrates with Online Scheduling to give patients a seamless transition for scheduling appointments.
The following videos have been updated:
- AdvancedFax – Web
Announces that the fax module is now available in AdvancedMD Mobile App.
- ePrescribing Setup
Includes new Patient Chart in EHR and User Management Setup.
- Nurse and MA Workflow
Includes the Split View Patient Chart in EHR.
- Registering a Patient
Includes the new Patient Quick Add screen (Coming Soon!)
- Scheduling Workflow – Prior to Patient Visit
Includes the new Patient Quick Add screen (Coming Soon!)