Certified by an ONC-ATCB, New Release Yields Simplified, Automated Meaningful Use Reporting, Enhanced Patient Portal Access
SALT LAKE CITY, UT – July 19, 2011 – ADP® AdvancedMD, a leader in cloud electronic health record (EHR), practice management, medical scheduling software, and billing applications for medical practices and medical billing services, today announced the availability of the AdvancedMD EHR 2011 Summer release, recently certified as a 2011/2012 Complete EHR by the Certification Commission for Health Information Technology (CCHIT®), an ONC-Authorized Testing and Certification Body (ONC-ATCB).
AdvancedMD EHR 2011 Summer release includes significant feature enhancements that streamline meaningful use compliance and simplify a patient’s ability to interact securely online with healthcare providers. Early-release users of the software have noted the cost and time savings afforded by the ADP AdvancedMD cloud platform, which delivers new meaningful use compliance at a glance, clinical reporting, an online Patient Portal, group messaging and “break the glass” emergency features without requiring additional software upgrades or costs.
“This release of our software provides physician practices with additional freedom to focus on improved quality of care rather than regulations and compliance,” said Raul Villar, president, ADP AdvancedMD. “New advanced features take both the worry and hassle out of demonstrating meaningful use, and help ensure maximum return on dollars invested in healthcare technology not just today but as the requirements evolve toward phase II and phase III in 2013 and 2015, respectively. Because of our cloud platform, our clients will not need to worry about license upgrades and new installations to keep up with future regulatory change.”
AdvancedMD EHR 2011 Summer release moves beyond the minimum requirements for a Complete EHR certification with integrated features that help optimize the medical practice – including EHR, practice management, and medical billing. With the recent acquisition of AdvancedMD by ADP, clients are assured of world-class systems and support for all their automation needs.
“Our EHR, practice management, and billing solution, delivered through a cloud platform, provides customers with unprecedented opportunities to simultaneously reduce technology costs and boost practice efficiency,” said Steven ZoBell, vice president of product development, ADP AdvancedMD. “This release highlights the powerful benefits of having a unified application with one database and one login, allowing us to provide advanced features and reporting mechanisms not previously available on the market.”
New features in this release include:
- Enhanced Patient Portal – allows patients to take a greater role in their own healthcare through secure, convenient web access to their records, scheduling, medications and billing transactions. Integration between EHR, PM and billing systems provides a seamless, efficient interface.
- Enhanced Meaningful Use Clinical Reporting – simplified and automated reporting of core Set and Menu, PQRI and Continuity of Care Documents (CCDs). At-a-glance status of meaningful use to track successful compliance.
- Immunization and Health Surveillance Data Submission – simplifies and automates required meaningful use reporting to State immunization and public health registries.
- Group Messaging – provides secure intra-practice messaging between staff and providers based on user-defined groups and security access levels.
- Emergency Access User Role Privileges – sometimes referred to as “break the glass” access, this feature allows user-defined access to critical medical record information by trusted third parties in event of emergency.
“The new ADP AdvancedMD software release allows me to demonstrate meaningful use compliance and become eligible to receive financial incentives,” said Dr. Pedro J. Morales, provider at Pedro J. Morales M.D. & Tim P. Carlson M.D., a Saint Petersburg, Florida family practice. “The integrated practice management and EHR have helped streamline our transition from paper to electronic with little to no down time, allowing us to implement the system in increments and scale at our own pace.”
ADP AdvancedMD’s certification number is CC-1112-855300-1, awarded on May 13, 2011. ONC-ATCB 2011/2012 certification conferred by CCHIT does not represent an endorsement of the certified EHR technology by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services nor does it guarantee the receipt of incentive payments. The clinical quality measures to which ADP AdvancedMD 2011 Summer release has been certified include: NQF 0421, NQF 0013, NQF 0028, NQF 0041, NQF 0024, NQF 0038, NQF 0031, NQF 0043 and NQF 0061. The additional software used in testing included First Data Bank and Surescripts v. 4.2.
ADP AdvancedMD Resources
- View the electronic medical records software demo
- Explore the ADP AdvancedMD electronic health records features
- Learn the difference between EHR & EMR software
- View the medical practice management software demo
- Learn about the medical billing services network
- Learn about complete medical management software
About ADP AdvancedMD
ADP AdvancedMD is one of the nation’s largest providers of cloud medical practice optimization software offering a fully integrated EHR and Practice Management solution, and is a subsidiary of Automatic Data Processing, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADP). ADP, with nearly $9 billion in revenues and about 550,000 clients, is one of the world’s largest providers of business outsourcing solutions. Leveraging more than 60 years of experience, ADP offers a wide range of HR, payroll, tax and benefits administration solutions from a single source. ADP’s easy-to-use solutions for employers provide superior value to companies of all types and sizes. ADP is also a leading provider of integrated computing solutions to auto, truck, motorcycle, marine and recreational vehicle dealers throughout the world. For more information about ADP AdvancedMD, call (800) 825-0224 or visit: www.advancedmd.com.