The latest updates to the EHR, practice management, and patient engagement solution are based on customer feedback and focus specifically on product quality, performance and stability
South Jordan, Utah, March 30, 2023 – AdvancedMD, a provider of cloud-based healthcare software for independent medical, mental health, and physical therapy practices, announced today its 2023 Spring Product Release, rolling out 31 updates across its EHR, practice management, and patient engagement functions. The latest updates include improvements to medication cards, claims processing capabilities, telehealth services and more, and will be available to all AdvancedMD users on March 30, 2023.
“This latest product release is centered on improving the platform’s overall quality, performance and stability,” said Tim Costantino, VP and Head of Product, AdvancedMD. “We expanded our beta program this time around because the feedback we collect during beta testing is critical to our work, ensuring our final product updates exceed our customers’ highest expectations. The medication card updates alone underscore just how intently we are focused on our customers’ needs.”
All 31 updates are the result of feedback from the AdvancedMD customer community and based on more than 400 votes by healthcare providers and medical office staff. The latest enhancements span the full suite of AdvancedMD functions, with special attention on clinical medication cards and telehealth capabilities. Because the AdvancedMD platform is built on a multi-tenant cloud framework, all customers have immediate access to the release updates without any latency across the suite of solutions or manual software updates.
EHR: Medication card functionality gets a major boost
AdvancedMD users can now easily search and select patient pharmacy options within the medication card, with the ability to locate pharmacies by the business’ phone number. Other medication card updates include:
- A new search feature that shows the lowest dosage drug group first
- Save, sign, and send buttons that are now always present to easily access these actions without scrolling to the bottom of the screen
- Commonly used fields such as “ICD” and “Do Not Fill Until” now visible on the main form for faster data entry
- An action menu that can be accessed by right clicking anywhere in the medication card
- The ability to refresh the medication status by clicking a new icon
- Patient status information that is now visible in most dashboard donut worklists including Pharmacy Requests
Other EHR improvements include ePrescribing updates and lab result narratives automatically posted to patient portals so that patients stay informed on test results.
Patient Engagement: A more frictionless telehealth experience
AdvancedMD has long been focused on telehealth capabilities, but this new round of updates vastly improves the telehealth services, giving users:
- Noise cancellation, picture-in-picture (PIP), and mirror-my-video features
- Real-time status updates in the “EHR Provider List View” prior to a telehealth appointment
- An indicator that displays network strength to monitor network quality during the telehealth appointment, along with a “Call Health Panel” within the settings menu to help troubleshoot performance issues
- A 5-star review survey delivered to patients immediately following the telehealth appointment
Other Patient Engagement improvements include additional administrative fields in the online scheduling function and new messaging campaign filters.
Practice Management: A more efficient claim status process
AdvancedMD has greatly enhanced its Claim Status Inquiry function, now automating claim statuses to run every 15 days to reduce the amount of manual work performed and improved financial control. Other practice management improvements include:
- A newly reimagined Hub homepage (the company’s client support portal) with a search to easily find Help Files, Knowledge Base, and Video Training Library contents
- A redesigned claims reprocessing workflow within the billing software for a more streamlined experience
- Enhanced ERA Automation Email Notifications so that admin staff can view rule details, check date, check number, count of payments that did not post due to error, and count of payments that were processed by ERA automation
In addition to the product release updates, AdvancedMD users can now subscribe to receive real-time alerts on the health of the platform so that they immediately know if an outage is happening.
“We know our clients rely on us to deliver exceptional patient experiences and we take that responsibility seriously. Our primary goal is to deliver major productivity gains across the medical practice so that healthcare providers and medical office staff can do more with their day,” said Amanda Hansen, President, AdvancedMD. “We are 100% dedicated to continuously improving our technology, making our customers’ EHR, practice management and patient engagement workflow processes as frictionless as possible. Our platform is designed to drive better patient experiences, improved patient outcomes and, ultimately, more revenue.”
To see the full list of Product Release updates, visit: AdvancedMD 2023 Spring Product Release.
AdvancedMD revolutionized medical office software in 1999 with the introduction of the industry’s first true cloud solution. Today, the company continues to lead HealthTech innovation with a complete cloud suite of smart applications that work in unison, accelerating collaborative workflow for every role of the practice. With AdvancedMD, medical office staff are empowered to thrive in the online age of healthcare and value-based reimbursement with essential clinical, financial, patient engagement and reputation management applications that are unified and available anytime, anywhere on any device. AdvancedMD strives to be the technology heartbeat of healthcare for providers, patients, and payors for a healthier world. For more information, visit www.advancedmd.com.