AdvancedMD Releases 25+ Product Enhancements To Drive Greater Productivity For Private Practices
The Summer 2023 Product Release includes updates to the platform’s EHR and practice management solutions, with newly added mobile capabilities, improved claim status workflows, and more
South Jordan, Utah, June 29, 2023 – AdvancedMD, a provider of cloud-based healthcare software for independent medical, mental health, and physical therapy practices, announced today the general availability of its 2023 Summer Product Release, with updates to the software’s EHR and practice management functions. The latest updates are centered on driving greater productivity across all areas of a private practice, from the front office to the admin team.
“We are able to continually improve and perfect the AdvancedMD platform because of the valuable feedback we receive from our customers. Their input ensures we are refining our solution so that private practices have the tools they need to deliver exceptional patient care,” said AdvancedMD Clinical Product Manager Julie Ajjan. “These updates will increase productivity across all areas of the practice, from the front desk to patient rooms, admin offices and even on mobile devices.”
The 2023 Summer Release includes a total of 27 updates to the EHR and practice management sides of the AdvancedMD platform, all of which are available to AdvancedMD customers on June 29, 2023. (Customers can check the AdvancedMD dashboard to confirm access to all product updates.)
Practice Management Update Highlights:
- Check-in Enhancements within the Provider List View speed up the check-in process and make it easier to change appointment statuses – which can also be performed directly within the EHR side of the platform as well.
- The Claim Status 277 Download update allows practices to view 277 EDI files sent from payors for faster, more efficient A/R workflows.
- The Unsolicited Claim Attachment update allows customers to attach documents to claims via the Charge Entry and Edit screens by importing, scanning, and selecting documents from Chart Files.
- The Solicited Claim Attachments by Fax and Mail update allows customers to send requested documents to carriers for denied claims by fax or mail, including EOBs and appeals.
- Race and Ethnicity Codes are now easier to find with frequently used codes appearing at the top of the list. (The extended list of Race and Ethnicity Codes will display in alphabetical order.)
- The Preferred Language Codes Set now includes more languages.
AdvancedMD also released several beta features for its practice management solution, including simplified tax ID and bill setup, tracking capabilities for payor contractual reimbursements, credit card on file worklists, a redesigned ERA Center, an updated Fee Schedule Import tool, and new Payor Gateway to accelerate the EDI enrollment process.
EHR Update Highlights:
- An improved Patient Chart framework that allows practices to choose a dynamic or fixed card layout while keeping patient cards in a consistent location to easily find key clinical information.
- A new Flowsheet Card (which is in beta) offers faster access to clinical information via an easy-to-read format.
- The newly updated Medication Card Filters allows admin staff to filter medication cards by preset or custom dates, providers, or patient status. Customers can also now filter by “denied refilled requests” in the patient medication card.
- When prescribing multiple medications, customers can now edit the destination pharmacy with one click, updating all medications in one step.
- Practices can now send multiple non-controlled medications for multiple patients from the Prescriptions donut within the AdvancedMD dashboard, as well as print multiple prescriptions for multiple patients when accessing the confirm screen.
- Denied renewal requests are now visible in the patient medication list for more efficient workflows when running reports or searching multiple screens.
- The newly updated Clinical Quality Reporting (CQR) now supports the new MIPS Value Pathways (MVP) program, enabling practices to report eCQM quality measures to CMS QPP as a sub-group.
AdvancedMD also released two mobile updates, one to the flagship clinical app and another to the patient kiosk app. Customers now have the same functionality in the clinical app as the front office app, along with access to patient forms, making it possible to assign, review and accept forms without having to switch between the two apps. The AdvancedMD Kiosk app now allows patients to add and edit their preferred name directly within the app.
AdvancedMD has created a quick video summary of the latest updates with screenshots, or you can see the full list of product release features at: https://www.advancedmd.com/blog/2023-summer-release/.
AdvancedMD revolutionized medical office software in 1999 with the introduction of the industry’s first true cloud solution. Today, the company continues to lead HealthTech innovation with a complete cloud suite of smart applications that work in unison, accelerating collaborative workflow for every role of the practice. With AdvancedMD, medical office staff are empowered to thrive in the online age of healthcare and value-based reimbursement with essential clinical, financial, patient engagement and reputation management applications that are unified and available anytime, anywhere on any device. AdvancedMD strives to be the technology heartbeat of healthcare for providers, patients, and payors for a healthier world. For more information, visit www.advancedmd.com.