CMS recently published a final rule that specifies criteria that eligible professionals (EPs) must meet in order to participate in the Medicare and Medicaid EHR Incentive Programs.
In the final rule, CMS has modified the EHR Incentive Program for the 2015-2017 reporting years. To simplify the program, all EPs will be reporting on Modified Stage 2 criteria.
What you need to know for 2015 MU Reporting:
- All providers will attest to a continuous 90-day reporting period in 2015
- All providers will be attesting to “Modified Stage 2” criteria
- 9 core measures
- 1 public health objective
- 9 clinical quality measures
- There are alternate exclusions and specifications for providers who were scheduled to report on Stage 1 criteria in 2015
What AdvancedMD is doing to help our providers:
- Creating a new MU Report – Modified Stage 2
- Updating the Meaningful Use Dashboard with Modified Stage 2 Measures
- Updating Meaningful Use Help Files
Changes to Specific Objectives/Measures:
- Stage 2 Patient Electronic Access, Measure 2: For 2015, instead of the 5% threshold, this measure requires that at least one patient seen by the EP during the EHR reporting period (or patient authorized representative) views, downloads, or transmits to a third party his or her health information during the EHR reporting period.
- Stage 2 Secure Electronic Messaging: The 5% threshold has been changed to the capability for patients to send and receive a secure electronic message when the EP was fully enabled during the EHR reporting period (Yes/No).
- Public Health Reporting: The public health objectives have been consolidated into one objective with three measure options for EPs.
View the following documents for more information: