The first blog on Patient Relationship Management (PRM) discussed how a PRM is used to not only retain more patients through higher patient satisfaction, but also how to improve patient health in order to operate a smarter and more profitable independent practice. I’ll now focus on specific capabilities of PRM software, with emphasis on the much-anticipated AdvancedMD PRM.
Private medical practices are extremely pressed for time and continually on the lookout for new tools and strategies to streamline administrative tasks. It’s important to understand, PRM isn’t an all-encompassing solution; rather it’s a sensible communication tool for practices. Additionally, practices spend much less time on repetitive tasks while patients receive better information from their providers. It ensures the medical staff can enter a patient meeting informed and clearly focused on addressing the patient’s healthcare needs, and not needing to pause to search for background information.
PRM suites are transforming data-driven decision making by using clinically guided workflows, modern patientengagement and live reporting. It eliminates the need for double data entry by saving the user valuable time, while obtaining comprehensive patient data. Private medical practices streamline the patient intake process and the amount of time it takes to administer patient forms. PRM enables patients to easily complete forms electronically, and once finished, forms automatically and securely populate in patient charts, ensuring your medical staff has the most up-to-date patient information available.
The AdvancedMD PRM suite includes a cloud-based patient check-in kiosk, automated patient forms and a patient portal to help medical practices improve patient communications and free up time by proactively managing patient healthcare needs. AdvancedMD mobile patient and administrative kiosk apps work together to save your staff time in processing the patient check-in and manage forms in the patient chart. The check-in kiosk, when combined withAdvancedMD insurance verification, credit card processing, as well as advanced online communications with patients, creates a full-featured front-office solution. The PRM application can be accessed securely from any computer, tablet, or smartphone. Private practices can customize and bundle some or all of the products within the suite.
It’s an ideal way to improve patient satisfaction through better technology, increase communications and shrink patient claim billing cycles by resolving issues quickly. Each of these functions will help you surpass the goals you set for your independent practice. Advantages of the AdvancedMD PRM suite include:
- Customizable patient and consent forms. These provide multiple workflow options for each practice. Private practice staff can assign intake forms and consent forms to the patient prior to their arrival at the office so they can be completed ahead of the appointment in the patient portal or in the waiting room via iPad. They no longer need to scan the all important signed patient consent forms, which is a separate workflow in itself.
- Forms electronically load into the patient chart. No document scanning is required. Additionally, the check-in kiosk lets your staff scan a patient driver’s license, review demographic information and make any necessary updates.
- iPad portal lets patients complete forms in your waiting room. Patient forms can be managed on an iPad with the iOS app or via traditional desktop browser. Both let your staff enter patient information, select documents for a patient, and setup an iPad kiosk to be utilized by a patient.
- Automation improves productivity. Staff can also view appointments by date, search for patients by name, viewpatient photo and demographic information, and add new and existing patient data to a record.
- Easy management through the admin kiosk. Once a patient form is completed, it automatically loads into the patient chart without the need for the office staff to scan paper documents.
The AdvancedMD PRM suite is available as a package deal for our AdvancedMD EHR users. Many of the features of a PRM can be utilized independently of each other. The AdvancedMD practice management (PM) is slated for release mid- to late-2016.
See why more than 17,500 providers and 500 billing partners love AdvancedMD. Get a free personalized demo of AdvancedMD PRM today.
Preview the Patient Relationship Management (PRM) suite.
Read about PRM and see screenshots on the AdvancedMD blog.
Learn about complete cloud medical management software.
Follow AdvancedMD on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.